I have been experiencing a lack of inspiration and motivation lately, mostly due to the rainy weather. The good thing though, is that it gave me a lot of time to brainstorm and play around with a few projects that were on hold, and it gave me new ideas and a lot more enthusiasm.
So, if you are bored, feeling blue, stuck in your creative endeavours or looking for some inspiration, here are 29 ideas on what to do when feeling uninspired.
Inspiration exists but it has to find you working”- Pablo Picasso.
- Document a day in your life by taking a photo every hour.
2. Start or continue your gratitude journal. What are you grateful for today? What are you grateful for in your life?
5. Get imaginative: What would your dream kitchen look like? What would your ideal vacation consist of? If you had a tree house, where would it be? Do a collage to make it more real.
6. Try intuitive writing. Write with no aim in mind, just sit down and let your hand move freely on the keyboard or on the paper.
8. Do yoga, go for a run or exercise.
9. Clean up your wardrobe. The items that you haven’t worn in the last 12-18 months, you are probably never going to wear again. Throw them in a bag and bring them to a Red Cross/Salvation army, 2nd -hand store. Get rid of the old to make room for new energy in your life.
10. Try doing or learning something new. Want to learn a new language? What to try a new hairdo? The internet is full of tutorials…
11. Write a bucket list of all the things you want to do in your life or make a collage of these things. Which one can yo do today or start working towards today?
12. Plan a trip or your next holidays. That’s exciting!
13. Take care of your plants and/or go buy yourself some pretty flowers.
15. Go to your local library and pick a new book.
16. Read poetry.
17. Listen to your favourite music or make your own and dance like crazy in your living room.
19. Go to a flea market: shop for your next creative projects or get a stall and get rid of your old stuff.
20. Recycle! Give a second life to objects, clothes, furniture you were about to throw away. Paint your furniture instead of getting rid of them, for instance.
21. Move your furniture around. It will move the energy around and it will inspire you for a fresh start. Be mindful of some basic feng shui principles.
22. Choose your favourite photos and recycle an old door into a photo frame like this one or as a garland!
23. Share your secret anonymously here.
24. Fix an old piece of jewellery or create your own necklace, bracelet, earrings or brooch with beads, buttons and pendants lying around.
25. Choose a topic you want to learn more about and go spend some time on Pinterest.
26. Help someone and perform a random act of kindness.
27. Call a friend. Is there anyone you want to re-connect with?
28. Pick up your copy of The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron and take up where you left it off last.
29. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” Eleanor Roosevelt. What’s this thing for you today?
What do you do when you are searching for inspiration? Feel free to add your ideas in the comment section below.
THE MINDFUL WEEK JOURNAL
Do you want to reduce stress and anxiety, be more present, reconnect with yourself and become more mindful in your daily life?
Sign up below to receive my free eBook The Mindful Week Journal. You will find daily mindfulness activities you can easily incorporate in your routine. They will help you increase your self-awareness and create a deeper sense of inner peace.