Hello and Welcome to the Box of Happiness!
Hi! I’m Nanou, a 32 year-old world citizen, originally from France and currently based in Melbourne, Australia.
I am an intuitive Life Purpose Coach who blends meditation, yogic practices, reiki healing and Akashic registers in my work.
How it started
My inquiry about life big questions and my meditation journey started when I was 15. I was fascinated by Tibetan Buddhist monks, their practices and the power of the mind. I was reading a lot about Tibetan Buddhism and philosophy, and I started practising what I was reading about.
When I was 18, my mom passed away. It was a very difficult time for me and it took many years to grieve and heal. Her passing made me question even more why we are here, what we are meant to do, what the meaning and purpose of life are. I realised that we are given a limited amount of time on this beautiful Earth and that it is our duty to make the most of it.
A couple of years later, yoga appeared in my life and has been a big part of it ever since. Yoga has taught me so much about myself and has offered different perspectives on life and personal development. The lessons I learn on the yoga mat are the lessons I need to apply to my life.
In my 20s
I continued my spiritual and personal development journey while traveling the world extensively to 54 countries. I had an unquenchable thirst to find myself and find answers. What I found was a strong connection with Mother Earth and a greater sense of being home within. I found a deep connection with all of mankind beyond languages, borders, nationalities, cultures and spiritual practices. But I didn’t find the answers I was looking for until I came across this quote:
The only journey is the one within. – Rainer Maria Rilke
So, I studied and practised Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga, Bikram, Kundalini, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Yoga Nidra and Bhakti Yoga. I trained in Reiki, Kinesiology, the Akashic registers, Life Coaching, different meditation practices (Vipassana, Dynamic, Transcendental, Metta, Tratak, Yi Chuan, guided imagery, Mindfulness). I read tons of books including traditional yogic, Hindu and Buddhist spiritual texts. I also regularly attended women and healing circles. All of this with the intention to find answers to my quest, find myself, my purpose and understand the meaning of life, by diving much deeper within my mind, my body and my soul.
The turning point
After working in Education for 8 years, I realised I was not fulfilled at work and that there was something else I was meant to do. That recognition was my signal to change things and to pursue what I loved doing. So, I quit my full-time teaching job. I didn’t have another job lined up, nor did I have a plan. I just followed the strong urge I had in my heart to change path and to trust that it would be ok. I followed my intuition to do what makes my heart sing and share my insights.
It took me a long time to listen to and honour my intuition. But when I started listening and acting on it, even though it was sometimes against logic, it paid off. Every single time. It brought amazing and unexpected opportunities into my life, like-minded people and it helped me grow.
When they say ‘You have everything you need inside of you’, it is true. You have the tools, you have the knowledge, you have the answers, you are the expert at your own life. We just have to learn to open up our heart, become still and quiet so that we can hear what our inner guidance, our inner wisdom, our soul, the Universe, is whispering to us.
Sometimes, all it takes is a powerful conversation, a fresh perspective and someone else to support you on your self-discovery journey.
This is what I do. I blend intuitive life coaching, yogic practices, meditation, mindfulness, reiki healing and Akashic registers to support you on your journey. I hold the space for you to connect to your heart, your soul, your inner wisdom and your authentic self, so that you can uncover your natural gifts, step into your purpose, tap into your full potential, be your best possible self, answer your calling, and live the life you want.
I help my students and clients tune inwards and let go of everything that is holding them back, so that they can truly be happy, fulfilled, at peace and live their dream life. I encourage you to go for it with love and compassion.
- we are all here for a reason, that we all have gifts and a unique way of sharing them.
- we can achieve anything we set our mind to.
- we can create the life we dream of.
- It is our duty to answer what we are called to do. It is our mission and our responsibility to shine our light and share our gifts with the world to make it a better place.
- RYT200 Hatha Yoga and Meditation
- Life Coaching Certification
- Mindfulness Certification
- Reiki/Reijukido Practitioner (Level 2)
- Masters of Foreign Languages, Literature and Civilisations (major in Aboriginal Studies)
- Diploma of Secondary Education
About The Box of Happiness
The Box of Happiness is my ongoing journey of creating happiness through personal and spiritual development. It comes from all my teaching and learning, my experiences, workshops and tips of what is working for me in my daily practice of happiness, with the intention to become the best possible version of myself.
My friends often say that I am a box of happiness, hence the name.
What it means for you
I want to share everything I have learnt and practise with you because I love seeing my students and clients develop their practice and gain clarity on their life path. I genuinely want to support you on your journey.
The intend is for you to find something here that will resonate with you in order to nourish your body, your mind and your soul. I hope you will find practices and healthy habits that will inspire you and brighten your life!
Feel free to ask me anything you want or give feedback using the contact form below or email me at nanou[at]theboxofhappiness[dot]com
Have a lovely happy day!!
10 more facts about me:
1. I have travelled to 54 countries and lived in several. One of my goals is to visit the whole world before I die! I have sailed the Whitsundays, taught English and Yoga as a volunteer in centre for street children in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I volunteered at an Aboriginal Dance festival in Far North Queensland and listen to elders sharing Dreamtime stories. I hitchhiked solo around New Zealand, planted trees and fed orangutans in Borneo, lived on an island in Thailand, ate as much as I could in Japan, went to the DMZ between North and South Korea, cried in Sarajevo, loved the kindness of people in Kosovo, made morning offerings to Buddhist monks in Burma, was made part of a family in Tonga where their 4-year-old taught me how to count so that I could go and play bingo with the locals (which I did!). I experienced the kindness of people all over the world and I’m deeply grateful for all these encounters.
2. I speak French, English and Norwegian; I get by in Spanish and I am having fun with Brazilian Portuguese. I can greet in Arabic, Russian and Chinese, chit chat in Thai, and I used to get by in Amharic. I love languages and the insights they offer on various cultures.
3. I took a homeless lady for dinner once. It was the first time she ate sushi, so she was very happy. She was thankful someone listened to her story. She said I made her feel like she mattered, and seeing her happy made my day.
4. I volunteered for the Dalai Lama and completed three days of Bodhisattva teachings with him. I also took the Bodhisattva vow. It was a beautiful, peaceful, loving and compassionate experience!
5. I did a Vipassana (10-day silent meditation) retreat. No yoga, no reiki, no talking, no writing, no music for 10 days; only 11 hours of meditation a day…It changed me and how I go about life and about myself. I am planning to do a second retreat soon.
6. I got hugged by Amma and was “high on love” for a long time afterwards. She emanates unconditional love for all beings and is very inspiring.
7. I am highly sensitive and empathetic with a well-developed intuition.
8. I totally trust the Universe, its wisdom, goodness and its power. I love serendipity!
9. I love performing random acts of kindness!
10. I often hug trees 🙂