Hello and Welcome to the Box of Happiness!
Hi and welcome! I’m Nanou, a 33 year-old world citizen, originally from France and currently based in Melbourne, Australia.
I am a Hatha, Yin and Restorative Yoga teacher, a Mindfulness Meditation teacher, an intuitive Life Coach and a Reiki practitioner.
My life is devoted to guiding myself and others to accessing our own inner wisdom from within.
How it started
My meditation journey and my inquiry about life big questions started when I was 15. I was fascinated by Tibetan Buddhist monks, their practices and the power of the mind. I was reading a lot about Buddhist philosophy, and I started practising what I found written in books.
When I was 18, my mom passed away. Her passing made me question even more ‘Why are we here?’, ‘What are we meant to do?’, and ‘What is the meaning and purpose of life?’ I realised that we are given a limited amount of time on this beautiful Earth and that it is our duty to make the most of it.
2 years later, I found yoga. I found many answers to these questions through my yoga practice. Yoga has taught me so much about myself and has offered different perspectives on life. The lessons I learn on the yoga mat are the lessons I need to apply to my life.
I was eager to seek out the answers I craved and to deepen my understanding, so my travelling journey began.
In my 20s
After visiting, living and working in 55 countries, what I found was a strong connection with Mother Earth and a greater sense of being home within. I found a deep connection with all of mankind beyond languages, man-made borders, nationalities, cultures and spiritual practices. The turning point was when I came across this quote:
The only journey is the one within. – Rainer Maria Rilke
I have studied and practised Traditional Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga, Bikram, Kundalini, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Yoga Nidra and Bhakti Yoga. I trained in Reiki, Kinesiology, the Akashic registers, Life Coaching, different meditation practices (Vipassana, Dynamic, Transcendental, Metta, Tratak, Yi Chuan, guided imagery, Mindfulness).
After working in Education for 8 years, I realised I was not fulfilled and that there was something else I was meant to do. That recognition was my signal to change things and to pursue what I loved doing. So, I quit my full-time teaching job. I did not have another job lined up, nor did I have a plan. I just followed the strong urge I had in my heart to change path and to trust that it would be ok. I followed my intuition to do what makes my heart sing and share my insights.
It took me a long time to listen to and honour my intuition. But when I started listening and acting on it, even though it was sometimes against logic, it paid off. Every single time. It brought amazing and unexpected opportunities into my life, like-minded people and it helped me grow.
I blend intuitive life coaching, yogic practices, meditation, mindfulness, reiki healing and Akashic registers to support you on your journey. I hold the space for you to connect to your heart, your soul, your inner wisdom and your authentic self, so that you can uncover your natural gifts, step into your purpose, tap into your full potential, be your best possible self, answer your calling, and live the life you want.
Sometimes, all it takes is a powerful conversation, a fresh perspective and someone else to support you on your self-discovery journey.
I am dedicated to accessing my own inner wisdom from within and I love supporting others to do the same.
I help my students and clients tune inwards, increase self-awareness and let go of everything that is holding them back. I help them be present and connect with the wisdom of their soul so that they can truly be happy, fulfilled and live their dream life. I encourage you to move forward with love and compassion.
- we are all here for a reason, that we all have gifts and a unique way of sharing them.
- we can achieve anything we set our mind to.
- we can create the life we dream of.
- It is our duty to answer what we are called to do.
- It is our mission and our responsibility to shine our light and share our gifts with the world to make it a better place.
Feel free to ask me anything you want or give feedback using the contact form below or email me at nanou[at]theboxofhappiness[dot]com
Have a lovely happy day!!
10 more facts about me:
1. I have travelled to 54 countries and lived in several. One of my goals is to visit the whole world before I die! I have sailed the Whitsundays, taught English and Yoga as a volunteer in centre for street children in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I volunteered at an Aboriginal Dance festival in Far North Queensland and listen to elders sharing Dreamtime stories. I hitchhiked solo around New Zealand, planted trees and fed orangutans in Borneo, lived on an island in Thailand, ate as much as I could in Japan, went to the DMZ between North and South Korea, cried in Sarajevo, loved the kindness of people in Kosovo, made morning offerings to Buddhist monks in Burma, was made part of a family in Tonga where their 4-year-old taught me how to count so that I could go and play bingo with the locals (which I did!). I experienced the kindness of people all over the world and I’m deeply grateful for all these encounters.
2. I speak French, English and Norwegian; I get by in Spanish and I am having fun with Brazilian Portuguese. I can greet in Arabic, Russian and Chinese, chit chat in Thai, and I used to get by in Amharic. I love languages and the insights they offer on various cultures.
3. I took a homeless lady for dinner once. It was the first time she ate sushi, so she was very happy. She was thankful someone listened to her story. She said I made her feel like she mattered, and seeing her happy made my day.
4. I volunteered for the Dalai Lama and completed three days of Bodhisattva teachings with him. I also took the Bodhisattva vow. It was a beautiful, peaceful, loving and compassionate experience!
5. I did a Vipassana (10-day silent meditation) retreat. No yoga, no reiki, no talking, no writing, no music for 10 days; only 11 hours of meditation a day…It changed me and how I go about life and about myself. I am planning to do a second retreat soon.
6. I got hugged by Amma and was “high on love” for a long time afterwards. She emanates unconditional love for all beings and is very inspiring.
7. I am highly sensitive and empathetic with a well-developed intuition.
8. I totally trust the Universe, its wisdom, goodness and its power. I love serendipity!
9. I love performing random acts of kindness!
10. I often hug trees 🙂