A lot of people have been asking me what Life Coaching is about, what it entails and what it can do for you. Coaching is becoming increasing popular, yet most people don’t know much about it and are maybe sceptical about its benefits. I hope you will find the answers you are looking for in this article.
What is Life Coaching?
Imagine a relationship in your life with a person who is sometimes even more committed to what you want in life than you are. Imagine what it would be like if someone knew your values and life purpose and was holding you true to them- someone who would hold the flag at the top of the hill, encouraging you to press on, someone to celebrate your victories and help you learn from your setbacks. – Laura Whitworth
Coaching is a one-on-one, collaborative and thought-provoking process in which the coach helps you achieve your personal life goals and unlock your full potential. These goals can be varied and people seeking coaching come from different backgrounds, but they all share a common trait: a strong desire to achieve something more and bring change in their life.
Life Coaching is not therapy. Coaching focuses on the present and the future whereas therapies focus on the past. However, your coaching adventure may sometimes take you into your past to identify the negative and limiting beliefs formed at a young age. Those beliefs often hold you back and can prevent you from achieving your goals. In Life Coaching we work on designing the life of your dreams, and on making sustainable changes.
A coach should always listen to you mindfully and non-judgmentally. They should have your best interests at heart and never force advice onto you, that’s the job of a counsellor or adviser. As Life Coaches, we are here to guide you as you navigate through life challenges. You are the expert of your own life.
What will Life Coaching actually do for you?
Coaching has numerous benefits and can bring astounding results. It will impact all aspects of your life. Thanks to Life Coaching you will:
- Improve the overall quality of your life
- Increase your wellbeing and happiness
- Feel motivated and inspired
- Gain clarity on your purpose
- Set and achieve realistic short and long-term goals
- Develop your confidence and increase your feeling of empowerment
- Create healthy habits and happiness within yourself
- Train your brain to think positively
- Reveal and clear blocks and limiting beliefs that are holding you back
- Develop greater awareness, mindfulness, self-care and self-love
- Take purposeful action
- Be living purposefully, meaningfully and authentically, true to your heart and soul
Coaching is for you if
- You are feeling overwhelmed and don’t know what to do next
- You feel stressed, burnt out and exhausted
- You lack direction and you are stuck in a rut
- You have self-doubt and low self-esteem
- You think and feel that you are destined for something bigger
- You want to change careers but are indecisive
- You are prepared and committed to do the work to create the results you desire
Coaching is NOT for you if
- You want someone else to do the work for you
- You are not willing to dig deep within yourself
- You lack interest in personal development
- You are not ready to invest time and money in yourself
- You are not prepared to follow your dreams and take action
You and your coach will
- Unleash your potential
- Identify your strengths
- Discover your needs
- Uncover self-sabotage
- Clear limiting beliefs and emotional blocks
- Reduce stress and a sense of being overwhelmed
- Implement strategies to achieve your short- and long-term goals
- Explore possibilities
- Stimulate creative thinking and expand your thought processes
- Celebrate your victories
- Bring your heart and mind together to discover true happiness in your soul
If you want to explore coaching, you will need to find the right coach for you: a coach you trust and feel comfortable with, so that you can honestly open up. The more you share with your coach, the more they can help you. You will also need to find a coach whose experience and background are relevant to what you wish to achieve. For example, if you are thinking about starting a business, you should look into a business coach. If you are investigating your life purpose and working on personal development, you will rather need a Life Coach specialised in those areas.
Working with a Life Coach has been a powerful and transformative experience in my personal development journey, and the results have been amazing and long lasting. I see similar results, achievement and optimism with my clients.
If you want to know if Life Coaching is for you, especially my coaching style or if you would like to work together, please book a free 30-minute discovery call by clicking the image below.
PS: If your desired time is not available, let me know by emailing me as I can sometimes move things around.
Thoughts? Questions? Leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
THE MINDFUL WEEK JOURNAL
Do you want to reduce stress and anxiety, be more present, reconnect with yourself and become more mindful in your daily life?
Sign up below to receive my free eBook The Mindful Week Journal. You will find daily mindfulness activities you can easily incorporate in your routine. They will help you increase your self-awareness and create a deeper sense of inner peace.